- Manufactured in the UK
- Accurtilt vernier measurement to table position and zero lock
- Fast and simple changes of bobbin mandrels
- Interchangeable table inserts supplied for each bobbin size to provide good support of the work piece
- Supplied complete with a set of bobbin mandrels
- Direct shaft drive
- Storage provisions incorporated into the machine to store bobbin mandrels when not in use
- Carefully selected bobbin speed to ensure effective sanding on all bobbin diameters
- Reciprocating motion to provide effective, even sanding of the work piece
The Phillipson RBS1 reciprocating bobbin sander allow fast, accurate sanding of most radii and similar intricate shapes as found in patternmaking and furniture manufacture.
The machine is supplied complete with a set of bobbin mandrels constructed out of aluminium and steel for durable use. Accompanying interchangeable table inserts for each bobbin size provide good support of the work piece. The bobbin speed has been carefully selected to ensure effective sanding on all bobbin sizes.
Phillipson bobbin sanders reciprocate in an up/ down motion, as well as rotating to provide uniform sanding of the work piece. The entire reciprocating assembly is mounted on precision ground steel shafts with four integral bronze bush bearings independently lubricated to provide ease of servicing.
The Phillipson RBS1 also features a variable bobbin height adjustment to facilitate sanding on the entire bobbin length.
All Phillipson bobbin sanders have specially designed bobbin seating to ensure a positive location of the bobbin in the machine arbour. This facilitates fast changeovers from one mandrel diameter to another.
- Table size 700 x 700 mm
- Table tilt +/- 45°
- Number of bobbins supplied 5
- Bobbin diameters 10, 16, 32, 52, 89 mm
- Bobbin height 152 - 254 mm
- Bobbin reciprocation 20 mm
- Motor 0.75 kW
- Power 3 phase
Our suppliers have a policy of continuous product development and improvement, specifications are therefore subject to change without notice. We can accept no liability for discrepancies in specifications or illustrations contained in our publications or the publications of our suppliers.