- Single, twin and triple belt options
- Automatic powered table positioning
- Optional segmented pad with NC control
- Compact foot print
- Ammeters for each sanding unit
- Rubberised pressure rollers
- Digital display for sanding thickness
- Automatic work piece thickness sensor
- Automatic feed belt and sanding belt tracking
The Wadkin Series 5 range of wide belt sanders offer heavy duty performance for higher production work shops. Available in widths 950 mm, 1100 mm and 1300 mm with any combination of up to 3 sanding heads (roller and pad, roller etc) the Series 5 delivers controlled sanding power for calibrating and finishing solid joinery and panel products.
Powered table adjustment allows the operator to accurately set the sanding thickness using an electronic digital scale. An automatic work piece thickness sensor is also included as standard, especially useful when handling larger components, the operator need only place the material against the sensor and the machine adjusts the working height of the sanding heads to suit.
The most common head configuration for a wide belt sander is the combination ‘C’ type, incorporating a calibrating roller and fine finishing pad in a single belt. The roller can be engaged alone when calibration only is required, just the pad for finishing, or both at the same time for a combination of calibrating and finishing in one pass.
When calibration only is required a single roller ‘R’ type head is available.
For finishing to two or three grit sizes in one pass twin and tripled belt options are available, normally consisting of one or two roller ‘R’ belts followed by a finishing combination belt.
Changing the abrasive belt is simple using a quick release mechanism taking just a few seconds to complete. The belt is pneumatically strained to optimum working tension following a belt change.
Further optional equipment is available included timed pad decent, pneumatic and segmented pads for veneer work, infinitely variable conveyor speed, a choice of roller hardness (including steel roller) and additional infeed/ outfeed support rollers to name a few.
- Working width 910, 1100 or 1300 mm
- Diameter of contact roller 160 mm
- Thickness capacity 3 - 160 mm
- Width of sanding belt 930, 1120 or 1320 mm
- Length of sanding belt 1900 mm
- Speed of sanding belt 18 m/sec
- Speed of feed belt, infinitely variable 4.5 & 9 m/min
- Power 3 phase
Our suppliers have a policy of continuous product development and improvement, specifications are therefore subject to change without notice. We can accept no liability for discrepancies in specifications or illustrations contained in our publications or the publications of our suppliers.